Wordless Talk

After enjoying a delicious meal from Bertilda's kitchen, we explored the amazing outdoors behind their homes. I only went back inside to get something from my back pack but noticed Matthea sitting in the heat at the table, looking tired. I found a paper in my pack and sat beside her at the table.

Without a word being spoken, a conversation began that spanned at least five minutes. After fanning myself, I tried to fan her but she quickly stopped me, taking the paper and fanning me. Each attempt on my part was cut short as I was the guest and she wanted to serve me.

As I made eye contact, she gradually allowed me to fan her. We smiled, sighed, giggled, moved our heads and I saw her start to relax. The richness of the moment made me not want to stop. As people started entering the room, we continued our conversation until finally it ended.

That conversation remains with me today. Looking deep into someone's eyes says a lot about their value. Maybe I need to do more watching and less talking as I search to bridge gaps and communicate my love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step