Spring Blossoms


With the coming of warmer spring weather, I feel like I am being impacted with this seasonal change.  My personal winter is showing signs of new growth, signs of spring.  Hope is my word this year.  I am finding myself soaking in the hope that comes with the new life of spring.

The blossoms have attracted my attention, as they bloom before the branches ever sprout greenery. Magnolia trees are brilliant with colour against the dullness of the bare tree trunk.  Forsythia yellow glows from the bushes. The muted blend of fruit tree blossoms give the promise of flavour with the coming summer's fullness.


The beauty of these blossoms may be short lived, but are full of hopeful beauty. Hence my connection to my niece Bethany's relatively short life of 23 years.  She blossomed and shone beauty and joy into our home. We question the sudden end; why she was taken just as her life seemed to be coming into it's own springtime.

The sadness I feel comes and goes in waves, as I want to keep remembering, yet I need to keep moving on. I need to cling to the hope that her life's impact will continue to bear fruit, even within our family.  Bethany navigated the breakup of relationship between her parents years ago and grew in the process.  I want to grow in connection with my family, both immediate and extended.  I cling to the hope that comes with knowing that blossoms foretell the coming of fruit.

Some things like weather are out of my control.  Cold, harsh temperatures can kill blossoms before they can develop to maturity. I can't control things outside myself.  I am only able to work within the harsher circumstances that come my way. I still choose to live hopeful that there will eventually be fruit in this next season of family, sweet fruit to taste and enjoy together.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Playing Hide and Seek

Fermata Living

Sharpened and Ready