Setting the GPS for Home

We had our route picked out to NYC with the thruways and state highways marked. When a friend loaned us his GPS, we found ourselves following both. Although we had specific directions for the big city, it was the voice of the GPS that reassured and encouraged along the way. By the time we got home, we wondered what we would have done without it.

If we had stayed on the thruways all the way home, we would have missed so much. By setting the GPS and following it through rolling hils, we travelled where we could never venture without it. Knowing that it had mapped out the best path gave us confidence to just keep following. At times we wondered how this could ever be the best way as we slowed down for small towns and twisting curves. But eventually we got back on familiar roads that led towards home.

I think I need to live life with my GPS set heavenward. If I am living with a final purpose and destination in mind, then my choices and decisions will align with that big picture. Since I'm so blinded by present emotions and fears, maybe I need a spiritual voice to reassure and guide me turn by turn.

When I make wrong turns and get off track, I know that I can never go back and do things again. I can get redirected though, from the place where I'm willing to listen and simply move forward. If I can have enough confidence in the one who controls the big picture, then all I will need to do is listen, trust and obey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time