REST and Restoration


I Have Decided
by Mary Oliver

I have decided to find myself a home in the mountains, somewhere high up
where one learns to live peacefully in the cold and the silence.
It's said that in such a place certain revelations may be discovered. That what the spirit reaches for
may be eventually felt, if not exactly understood.
Slowly, no doubt. I'm not talking about a vacation.

Of course, at the same time I mean to stay exactly where I am.

Are you following me?

Can I go into the new year and have any hope of finding that quiet place of rest?
In the busyness of everyday life, can there still be inner peace and rest?

That was my search in 2012 and I felt some of it in fleeting moments of self-discovery, even if it was not fully understood. It came with my daily reading of The Daily Message.  I'm going be reading again and this time will blog in community with others to answer the daily two questions.

Restoration comes as I choose to release "stuff" and focus on what's truly important. That will continue to be my journey into the new year.  I have lots to let go of and more to fully engage with instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step