Canopy of Grace

It was the day before Brad and Debra’s wedding. The little spider scurried to find cover under a nearby leaf. The spray from my garden hose seemed gentle enough, from my perspective, but it was obviously messing with his world.

The very thing disturbing the spider’s peace was also bringing with it nourishment and beauty to the front flowerbeds. The web stretched almost a foot between plants. Each droplet of water sparkled in the sunlight, showcasing something virtually invisible before. How could I have missed seeing this before?

The intricacy and strength of the canopy’s design was amazing. Stubble and twigs underneath suddenly appeared as tent poles, hoisting up the canopy. I saw ants in my mind’s eye, enjoying shelter from the rain. Within minutes, I’d gone from watering my garden to thinking of myself scurrying as an ant to get all the wedding preparations done.

God’s grace shelters like a filmy web, often invisible to those of us underneath. Evidence appears as glimpses caught and then forgotten if not voiced.

This morning we noticed an unlocked vehicle parked in our driveway that still had all electronic contents intact. A week ago, things were stolen; today they are safe. I choose to see this as evidence of God’s grace over these wedding preparation days.

The deer that hit Melanie coming home from work did minimal damage, evidence of God’s protective hand over her. The luxury rental car we have now will be nice to drive for the wedding. This is another unexpected blessing, one not sought after but enjoyed.

So I will continue to take this picture with me as I release my son. I’m going to be anchored under the canopy of God’s love that will continue to surround Brad and Debra as they begin their lives as husband and wife. And I will entrust them to God’s care daily, as they anchor themselves in the Faithful One.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step