New Years Hands

The first day back to school is always exciting for the kids and tiring for me. After two full weeks of holidaying, it's time to get back to work. We read books and sang about the new year, anticipating birthdays to come. We made new years hats and celebrated a new start. As the children were lining up to wash hands before snack, I heard myself telling them to get clean "new years hands". I wondered if there would be a way to get new hearts for them all as well.

Oh to have fresh new hands and to get a fresh start. The mind can decide to change but it's the heart motivation that cements the "want to" and changes habits. Isn't that what making change is really all about? I can decide in my head to improve in some area of my life and work hard to change. It is the heart though, that guides and dictates in the nitty-gritty decisions of each moment. It may be quick and easy to get "new years hands" but I think I'll be needing God's help for my "new years heart."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time