Fresh Snow

A sparkling coat of snow this morning, blankets everything. Gone are the piles of hard ice left from a former snowfall. Instead, we are starting out the day with a clean, fresh slate. The world is beautiful right now.

I tried to remember the slippery patches as I walked the side walks. The treacherous sections, those that had not been shovelled previously, made it all the more important to watch my step. Yesterday I had been complaining about the un-shovelled sections. Rather than complain about what I have no control over, today I decided to walk carefully and accept what was to be.

Every day is a fresh, new one in the lives of my students. Their short time at school should be a safe and peaceful time, no matter what has happened previously at home. As little people, they have no control over family situations. My privilege is to view each child with fresh eyes, giving each a brand new start for the new day. I do need to tread carefully, and find the right supports to give them. Structure and routines that they "buy into" will guide them into new paths.

As high as my dreams and expectations are, so each child has the opportunity to become.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time