My Shepherd

When I can't sleep, songs often come to mind.  Tonight (or should I say this morning), the song is about My Shepherd. It's a re-posting, with the tune to the kids song, "I am a Pizza".  I have rewritten the middle verse these past days.  I'm realizing that when I need to be carried, Jesus is more than ready to pick me up and carry me on his shoulders.

1.    God is my Shepherd
I am his little lamb
He feeds and looks after me
I have everything I need
Inside my heart is quiet
Like lying still in soft grass
In a meadow, by a stream my Shepherd cares for me.

2.    Even when I walk through
The dark and lonely places
I don’t have to be afraid
Because my shepherd knows I’m here
He walks right beside me
I trust him and I feel safe
He picks me up and carries me. With Him I’m strong and brave.

3.    My Shepherd is preparing
Wonderful things for me
Everything I’ve dreamed of
In heaven just for me
He fills my heart with happiness
I can’t hold it all inside
God’s Never-Stopping Forever Love will always chase after me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time