A New Home

For past number of years, ever since I heard that ALS (Lou Gerig's Disease) was joining a family of six, I've been joining them at their beautiful home for family devotions.  We have read a story from the Bible and talked about who God is and what his rescue plan is. We have realized that the whole Bible is really one story of God's "never-stopping-unending-love."

We have grown in our ability to pray out loud.  We have realized that this God we can't clearly see, can be a part of every day with us. My stories have been about how I have become aware of God's spirit with me at  school, where I am a teacher.  The children have connected to my stories, asking for new ones each week.  As we have grown in our awareness, it's gotten easier to talk to him and not just ask for things. From the youngest to the oldest, we have all taken turns praying.

This week, Mom has moved into hospice; a different home where the nurses will be able to provide wonderful care. Mom wants to be a part of Thursday nights and so we are simply moving "devotions" to the new home.  It's all about being with mom and spending time with her as much as we can. But it's really all about being with Jesus.

Right now, we can talk to him,  but we can't see him.  We can know that he forgives us and we can ask for his help to do what's right, but we will always find ourselves failing. Someday, when the time is right, we will move to our NEW home. God's presence will be the light and we will be able to talk to Jesus face to face. That will be total awesomeness!

It will be as if Jesus will say, "I've spent enough time playing at your house.  Now it's time for you to come play at mine.  I've been getting everything ready and I'm so looking forward to being with you.  I have so much to show you and I KNOW that you'll love it all."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time