The joy Inside

Here in Canada, we are celebrating Thanksgiving. I love this early October celebration as the trees start to change and show their true colours. It's like we are finally getting a real glimpse of the inner beauty hidden inside some the trees. It takes the harshness of the weather conditions and the lack of nourishment to bring out that colour. In the same way, it often takes the hard times of life and it's challenges to bring what's inside me. Sometimes it's ugly and sometimes it's beautiful but it makes me more aware of me. I am good at pretending; of smiling and thinking all is well. When the hurtful words come out, I'd like to blame my circumstances or other people, because then it's not my fault. It's taken time, but I'm learning to accept myself with my unique colours and allow God to work on the stuff than needs removing. I'm so thankful today for the bits of love, joy and peace that I have experienced in this past year. I see that not as evidence of me but of the work God is gradually doing in me. As the inner colour of the fall leaf is exposed at the end of it's life, I'm hoping there will be enough time to clean up the dirt and grime that's still clouding up my inner beauty.

Comments

Kristine, thanks for posting. I love the idea of the colourful trees revealing their inner beauty during times of harshness and lack of nourishment. This is a great metaphor for our lives. Very thought-provoking...

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

Step By Step