I AM what?

"Be still and know that I AM God." How can I be still long enough to know what this means when life is so busy? God told Moses to tell the people, "I AM that I AM", but that seems quite circular. I want to ask, " I AM what?"

In the middle of a busy workshop day, I walked outside at Woodend among beautiful trees. These are the verses I found myself singing, repeating each line three times.

Be still and know that I AM God......

In you, O Lord, do I put my trust.......

I put down my roots, into your word.....

You're the same yesterday, today and forever........

You are the source, I connect into you......

You are the God who hears my cries.......

Then the song seemed to change it's voice, it's point of view suddenly switching, as if God was singing a love song to me.

I AM the Lord that heals all your hurts.......

I AM providing for all of your needs.........

I AM the song that you can sing.........

I AM the perfume that smells so sweet.........

I AM the new life that springs out of pain.........

In you I reside and begin to create.........

In you I can love and show who I AM..........

Suddenly I felt like I was back where I started. It's almost like I AM _____ is a blank cheque. He must be just waiting for me to fill in what I need him to be for me.

Now I'm wondering what my next verse will be. Do you have your own verse to sing to him today?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time