Something From Nothing

Phoebe Gilman has written a wonderful tale of a Jewish grandfather who sews a blanket for his new grandson. As the boy grows and the blanket becomes worn, the grandfather is able to keep finding fresh ways to recycle what is left, wasting nothing as he keeps creating new items of value. The items do keep changing in size until finally a button is made to hold up suspenders. When the button is eventually lost and grandfather can do no more, the boy is left to create a story from the work that his grandfather has done throughout his life.

I identify with this boy as God keeps creating in fresh ways, making something from nothing. He is so ready to solve my problems and mend relationships as I go to him and ask for help. As I recognize that he is bigger than any problem I bring to him, then he is ready to go to work. He only uses what I already have, seeing the potential when I see the problem. There is no waste, as even the leftovers are scavenged and put to good use by others.

As God works in me and my relationships, I feel responsible to write pictures of God's grace. Maybe the something to share is the encouragement for others to take their nothing to God. He is lovingly waiting to create beauty into each of our lives.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time