Primed for Learning

Getting ready for school this summer involved painting most of the bulletin boards in my classroom. I hope that I won't have to worry about preping them again. I'm told the colours will stay fresh year after year. By using primer first, I discovered that the paint adhered better. I only needed one coat of colour.

In preparing for learning, I usually focus on what I'll be teaching. This summer I realized anew how much of a learner I need to be. If I am going to truly learn lessons that stick, I need to be primed for learning as well. In being thrown into a whole new area of Library, I have to be willing to ask for help. I must bring myself down to the Kindergarten level of learning. I also must prime in my character and my attitudes.

Emotionally, I need to be honest with my feelings and speak truthfully yet without complaint or resentment. Intellectually, I need to be open to new ideas and ways of doing things, even if I've done it successfully for years. Physically, I need to exercise diligently and eat healthily. Little things really do matter. Spiritually, I need to stay connected in relationship to my God who loves and sustains me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time