A Delay in Time

When my daughter woke me up with, "Did you already do the papers?", it was irrelevant whether my alarm had ever been set or whether I had sleepily turned it off. What mattered was that the time was one hour later than usual and we still had customers waiting for morning papers.

The neighbourhood was so much noisier and fumes from the traffic made breathing difficult. Even the birds' songs seemed to be louder and noisier. Lights were glowing from television sets and every house had signs of life. My quiet morning walk had become a bustling, frenetic journey to simply accomplish a job. Could one hour make that much difference?

How aware am I of other delays as they occur? Do I ever see them as blessings in disguise? Often I am frustrated by delays, when I should simply be thankful instead. When my car is narrowly missed by another vehicle by only seconds, I realize what life without that delay might have looked like. I might not be writing these thoughts right now. When delays and interruptions come, I'm hoping to have more awareness and trust to be thankful anyways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step