An Impossible Job

With the busyness of exams for the girls, oral surgery for my husband and the picking up of university kids Friday night, the week's flyers did not get delivered. Choosing to go to a friend's house after exams before the job was done did not help either. Now with the Saturday paper needing to be delivered, the job seemed overwhelming. Add to that the warming and then quick drop of temperature last evening, solid ice covered most driveways and sidewalks. Where do you even start? I knew I had to find a way to tackle it first in my mind.

In the past, I might have given up before even starting. It is tempting to let the recycle box lighten the load at bit. As I worked through various strategies in my head, I realized how planning could eliminate extra work. I realized that we needed to use the car trunk because we couldn't carry everything with us. There was just too much to keep straight. By dividing up the route in "bite-sized" sections to do bit by bit, and dividing up which papers we were each delivering along the way, my daughter and I completed the job only half an hour late. What a sense of accomplishment!

What other things seem impossible right now? Are there ways in my mind to divide these big things down into more tangible steps? Could I eliminate the extras that only make more work and instead do just one small thing at a time? Only time will tell if I can transfer this insight into the areas of clutter in my life. Determination and persistence will also be needed to tackle jobs that don't have to be called impossible any longer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Playing Hide and Seek