A Cloudy Day

The first thing I do when I step outside to walk in the morning is to look at the sky. At this time of the year, I feel like it is still the middle of the night, even when my watch says 6 a.m. Today there were no sparkling stars and only a glimpse of the full moon of the night before. The clouds were only visible in the area around the moon. I hoped that by the time I came back, the moon would be shining brightly.

At the halfway point, the brilliance of the moon became more exposed but I was still relying on artificial light. I started thinking of dark days and how we sometimes have to walk with only artificial light. Don't we really only need light for the next few steps that we take? Why do we expect to see the whole journey? Would it help us to see each bump ahead? Isn't it better to look up, knowing that behind the clouds is Light strong enough to illuminate any path? Even the reflected light of the moon is strong enough to illuminate, all because of the awesome light from the sun.

By the time I got back to the house, the moon was totally hidden by the dark clouds. Yet I am now convinced that the clouds will never stay forever. Eventually, they will move aside and the light will once more shine from above.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time