Alone........Yet, NOT Alone

Living alone in a home without human companionship.....yet, NOT alone.  I can reflect on the memories and influences of relationships, both past and present.

Working alone in the garden pulling weeds and clipping bushes....yet, NOT alone.  I can breathe in the energy from other living things, interdependent and growing all around me.

Eating alone at a table spread with healthy food....yet, NOT alone.  I can be grateful for those who have grown, transported, prepared or have helped create what I'm nourishing my body with.

Driving alone in the car intent on pursuing a desired destination...yet, NOT alone.  I can listen and act on the nudge to make a detour that results in human connection and encouragement.

Reading alone in the chair on my deck....yet, NOT alone.  I can converse mentally with the author through the characters on the page, traveling to new places and challenging my mind.

Sleeping alone in a bed usually shared with another.....yet, NOT alone.  I can remember past interactions with clarity and dream with all my senses.

Working alone on a task to be completed.....yet, NOT alone. I can talk to myself, worry about tomorrow and allow my mind to wander in multiple, confusing directions.

Wandering alone amongst a group, feeling lost in the crowd....yet, NOT alone.  I can be embraced by the Spirit of the One who calls me by name and knows my deepest longings.

Mediating alone in the morning hours as I journal my words into prayers.....yet, NOT alone.  I can draw insight from my questioning thoughts and wisdom from the Living Word of the Divine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time