Winter Wonderings


Where are you God in the dark of my winter?

I am the sparkle of light that reflects on the mountains of snow that surround you.  

I am present even when the clouds hide me from direct view.  

My reflection is enough to shine into the drabness and oppression of your winter season.  

When my sunbeams break through the clouds, even if for a moment, you might wish for sunglasses.


Where are you God in the cold of my winter?

I am the layers of clothing that protect you from the penetrating chill of frigid temps.  

I know you would freeze without protection so let me cover you with my righteousness. 

Choose to dress yourself with my love, my compassion, my peace.  

You might not even realize the need for so many layers, but when you call for rescue, I will be there with the warmth of my love.


Where are you God in the loneliness of my winter?

I am the presence of a friend that reminds you that you're not alone.  

I know you need community even as you push people away.  

I pursue you and use people to offer companionship and encouragement.  

I know when you are desperate and nudge someone to offer a word of love.  

You need to receive with a more willing heart, not keeping others at arm's length.


Where are you God in the depression of my winter?

I am the steaming cup of steeped tea and the fragrant aroma that soothes emotions.

You cannot always see what you need. 

It is the intangibles of warmth and aromatic scent that can remind you of the beauty that exists in the cold.  

Look for hints of life even as you watch out the windows of your winter.


Where are you God in the grief of my winter?

I am the comfort of hot soup that nourishes and satisfies the empty spaces of loss.  

I know you cannot live without the bread of my words, so I live in them. 

Let my promises penetrate deep to the source of your hunger.  

I will nourish and heal as you digest and apply the truth to your hurting heart.


I am the Light of the world......

I am love.......

I am with you even to the end of the world......

I am the Vine so abide in me.....

I am the Bread of Life.

Thank you, Jesus.




Comments

Sheila A. said…
The rawness of life colliding with the Living God in the midst of both the literal and figurative winter. I appreciate how you put words together to create heart stirring word pictures. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step