Labouring

On this Labour Day holiday, my mind is celebrating all our summer labours. We got a daughter settled in her room in Ottawa, realizing that God has placed her where she needs to be to work at her co op job. We have to trust in his perfect timing for finding the place and release her to live in her new surroundings. Only God knows how she and Susan are joing to connect during these four months. We have to trust that God is already working in this situation and is allowing Stephanie to join in his work.

  Joining with God in his work is what has changed my work from backbreaking to bearable and even light. The load is lighter when I can share it with the God of creation. When I join with him in creating change, it suddenly seems less overwhelming. As I talk to him each day in my classroom, I am more able to focus on small jobs and not be overwhelmed by the mountain ahead. I am able to get fresh ideas in organizing my space that I trust will help promote student independance in the weeks ahead.

 As I meet the students tomorrow, I will need to continue that partnership.  I need to keep talking about my struggles when I feel overwhelmed and discouraged. If I can look for his work in my classroom and keep connected, I can anticipate the labour ahead with confidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step