Exposed and Vulnerable

Today my cast was removed. The source of my itch is now exposed and I am suddenly able to rub off the dry skin from around my ankle. The three incisions have healed shut leaving bumpy tracks yet the foot is frozen in one position.

The x rays looked good and the doctor said, ``You`re good to go. You can start putting weight on it now.``But it`s not as easy as that. Without the cocoon of the fiberglass around my ankle, every bump or brush against something is noticed. I`ve only started standing and putting some weight on it, but the muscles feel so tight.

I know healing has taken place but I don`t feel ready to go. I will have to trust and begin to take baby steps towards mobility, listening when my body tells me to stop and rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time