Dot Upon Dot

I was first of all just a thought, an image, but my creator God knew who I would become. He set to work, fashioning me inside my mother's womb, using everything available to him. In that dark place, cells divided and organs were formed putting all the pieces in place for further development. My personality, my talents, my purpose all were part of that plan. Even at my birth, it didn't matter that I wasn't fully complete, because he knew an entire lifetime would be needed to develop my character.

The amazing thing is how he continues to create, using the dark circumstances to add more depth, more texture and interest. Dot upon dot, even the solid black becomes beauty when contrasted with the light. Only a master artist can take what others would consider mistakes and create beauty from pain. Only a master artist can continue a masterpiece until completion, even when others say it looks fine. If he hadn't invested love and poured all of himself into the process, it would be easy to set me aside when the canvas gets damaged. Instead, he continues to create beauty from ashes, knowing that his masterpiece will eventually reflect his heart to the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Performance Appraisal time