Plowing Through

The snow flakes are tiny, yet when they hit my face, they burn. The drifts are knee deep in places, still I plow through to place a paper in each mailbox. The wind pushes me from behind and then makes it difficult to breathe as it hits my face. Why am I even out here in the darkness of early morning?

It's because 32 people have already paid the price for the Welland Tribune and expect it on their doorstep by breakfast. All the reasons I enjoy this in nice weather are gone in my memory. They are now replaced by determination to not give up until the job is done. Why can't I apply this concept to other areas in my life? Why am I wanting to give up on my writing course?

I've already paid the price of the course. I've experienced satisfaction with the outcomes of some of the assignments. But now that I've hit a roadblock in inspiration, why am I allowing myself to sit on the sidelines? Where is the persistence that I dug into this past hour to get the news out? Do I need more of a sense of purpose in my writing?

Today I will make a phone call and ask for help. Today I will dig deep and make the time to get started on my next assignment, no matter what excuses I tell myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step