Cooperation At It's Finest

In preparing for storytelling, I'm putting to memory the following definition. Cooperation is working with others to do more than you can do alone. On the surface, I think I am a cooperative person, but am I really?

What about my self-reliance and attitude of independance? I want to do things by myself so I can take credit for my accomplishments. I want to figure things out in my own way and my own time. I see elements of this not only in my workplace but also in my relationships and marriage. Where do the good ideas, that help me solve problems, come from?

I'm beginning to see the benefit of connecting with others. Not only do good ideas come from a wide variety of sources, but the fresh perspective of a friend is invaluable. Truth comes in many bits and bites as I ask good questions and wait for answers. Sometimes it's a song, or a story or even a random phrase that sticks in my mind. And then there's the wisdom in God's Word that continues to surprise me with it's relevance and insight.

If I truly want to live my live in cooperation with God, I need to 'get with the program' in regards to my attitude. When I start my day with a cooperative spirit, then God will be able to help me do far more than I could ever do alone. Cooperating with God will bring my attitude to a place where the fruit of cooperation will begin to be seen by others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Playing Hide and Seek