A Grace Filled Moment

As I left the city of Welland and headed out to Wainfleet, the clear stretch of Webber Road was totally open. Many vehicles had turned off at the golf course but now there was not a car in sight. My mind was filled with thoughts about my upcoming busy day. I mentally went through my checklist, making sure I had all I needed for the trip up to Kitchener and Waterloo after church. It wasn't until I met a police car that I realized how my speed had crept above 100.

After handing over my license and papers, my first thought was, "Do I ever need grace right now!" I knew I deserved the large fine and the demerit points because I was breaking the law. I could rationalize that it was early Sunday morning, I was late for band practise and no one was on the road, but the truth remained as I waited for the consequences.

I could hardly contain my thanksgiving as I accepted the $40 fine for being 10 over. I did not deserve the reduced sentence, yet gladly accepted it. It could have been so much more painful. As I set the cruise control, my Sunday morning worship began. Experiencing grace by the side of the road, set my mind to being thankful for all the other things I have been forgiven for. I do not deserve any of it yet gladly receive it.

Comments

We've all been there. It's embarrassing, humbling, and reminds me to pass along God's grace and mercy to other people.

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step