The Glory of the Moon

Walking in the clear, fresh air of a December morning, I am amazed at the brilliance of a full moon. It outshines the streetlights in it's luminance. It casts defined shadows around the houses on the streets. It reflects, in a small measure, the brilliance of the sun. What joy it can bring to those aware. Only a few minutes previous, I had been totally 'in the dark' of my home, unaware of the beauty outside.

An awareness of the Son of God reflected in creation and people around me, brings true joy. At this Christmas season, may I become more aware of the glory of God in this world. There is so much suffering, conflict and unrest all around. Yet God still shines through his creation as a reflection his great love. The reflection seems brighter as the darkness grows, yet the source of light never changes. Even if circumstances and situations should block my view, the source of light will always remain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unexpected Beauty

The joy Inside

Step By Step